- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Betsy DeVos faced an auditorium of booing Bethune-Cookman University graduates as she gave a commencement address today.
- The Rock is thinking about running for president, and Caity Weaver's GQ profile of him has convinced me that might be a good thing.
- A reporter was arrested after repeatedly questioning Health secretary Tom Price about the American Healthcare Act.
- Is Old Nan one of the keys to the endgame for Game Of Thrones?
- The creator of Bob's Burgers reflects on some of his favorite musical moments.
- Based on this Hollywood Reporter profile, Johnny Depp's life seems pretty weird these days.
- Hmmm Comey asked the Justice Department for more money for the Russian investigation days before he was fired hmmm.
- The Atlantic argues that cultural anxiety drove white people to vote for Trump, not economic anxiety.
- Donald Glover and Stephen Glover will serve as showrunners, executive producers and writers of FXX's untitled Marvel's Deadpool animated series.
- Metallica will have a pop-up at 96 Spring Street this weekend.
- A new NYPD directive forbids cops from entering a residence in response to a noise complaint unless they're given permission.
- The Nation reports on how Wisconsin's Voter-ID law suppressed 200,000 votes in 2016 (Trump won by 22,748).
- And finally, this goofy polar bear is very chill indeed:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today