- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Phil Jackson looks less and less like the man who's actually going to fix the Knicks.
- Turns out subway rats aren't just hungry for pizza or churros, they're also hungry for humans.
- North Korea's missile test this weekend failed, but that's hardly going to be the end of this saga.
- A couple in East Harlem was found dead, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning after they left their stove on all night.
- A man busted for fare evasion tried to convince cops that even if he didn't have $2.75 on him, he could give them $50,000 to let him go. They were not convinced.
- What is it with liberals and The West Wing?
- New York City now now has a Girl Scout troop made up entirely of homeless girls.
- And finally, a reminder that people CAN grow beards in space, despite the views of some naysayers:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all