- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Mysterious headline of the day: "Why people are throwing cheese at babies."
- Atlas Obscura writes about the secret history of Nutmeg Island, the piece of land that was traded for Manhattan.
- Gizmodo has a wild article about a fake doctor who conned the media into covering and publicizing his bizarre research on suicide, butt-fisting and bestiality.
- Get your weekend off right by listening to an unreleased Arthur Russell song.
- Small correction: the runner who killed a mountain lion with his bare hands was actually "wrestling with a kitten." (Albeit a BIG kitten.)
- Solange is releasing a film to accompany her new album tonight.
- HUD head Lynne Patton, the woman who was brought out during Michael Cohen's hearings this week, has apparently been trying to launch her own reality show career.
- A North Carolina high school student is living a real-life 50 First Dates after she suffered a sports injury in 2017 that left her with anterograde amnesia—a rare condition that causes her brain to "reset" every night while she sleeps and without any memories from the prior day.
- Martha Stewart is getting into the CBD business.
- You have to look at the photo to truly appreciate this tweet: "Police found a 'deranged person standing outside in the cold hugging a pillow' was actually just a cardboard cutout of MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell."
- Is Brother Jimmy's moving into the old La Marina spot in upper Manhattan?
- Golden Globe-winning actress Katherine Helmond, who played Mona Robinson on Who's The Boss?, has died.
- And finally, SOMETHING IS WRONG AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS:
My brother sent me this video of my dog in the wind and I thought I should share😂 pic.twitter.com/vss2Ej3UQ0
— Mariah (@ohhey_mariah) February 22, 2019