- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A team of scientists at the University of Arizona have "proposed blowing a big load of sperm and egg samples onto the moon," the AV Club reports.
- Adrien Brody IS Pat Riley, in an HBO series about the powerhouse 1980s Lakers.
- The New Yorker pokes around behind the scenes at The Pierre, the famous five star Fifth Avenue hotel that has been nearly empty for the past year.
- Republican Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell warns that reforming the filibuster will result in the U.S. Senate being dysfunctional.
- A new Gallup poll shows nearly 80% of parents are ready for their kids to go back to school.
- Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse is asking new Attorney General Merrick Garland to look into allegations that the FBI's background investigation into then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was "fake."
- Vanity Fair interviews Jen Spyra, a Late Show with Stephen Colbert writer (and announcer) who has a new short story collection out called Big Time.
- And finally, further proof that intermittent fasting is a boon to artistic creativity:
Extra, Extra: Parents Are Extremely Eager To Send Kids Back To School, Survey Says
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: