- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- With Trump's days in office dwindling, "QAnon influencers have become increasingly restless and militant, urging the president to '#crosstherubicon,'" and effectively become a dictator.
- An anonymous Amazon cybersecurity engineer says that rumors are running wild that the company is "very seriously interested in acquiring post office real estate. The reason why the post office is valuable to privatize is because of their real estate holdings. They have great real estate in every downtown of every city in the United States. Amazon may be interested in buying all of the post office locations, and we have the cash to do it. So why not? "
- Dramatic video shows the explosions that ensued after a tractor-trailer carrying nearly 300 propane tanks crashed on the Long Island Expressway this morning.
- Vulture examines how J.K. Rowling went from beloved children's author to shamelessly transphobic: "Rowling fashioned herself an untouchable goddess at the exact moment untouchable goddesses became obsolete."
- The family of an American college student is appealing to the U.S. government for help as she faces a four-month prison sentence after pleading guilty to breaking the Cayman Islands' mandatory COVID-19 isolation protocols to visit her boyfriend who was taking part in a jet-skiing competition.
- The NBA is back tonight (!) and ESPN has power rankings for every team going into this season.
- The Zombie Village Voice will give it another try in 2021.
- What is the deal with IKEA's Chocolate Conspiracy Cake?
- The overuse of antibiotics during the coronavirus pandemic has created a rise in drug-resistant strains of super gonorrhea.
- The director of Andrew T. Cleckley Funeral Home has become the first in New York to have his license revoked over the way he handled the remains of pandemic victims: "Dozens of decomposing bodies were scattered haphazardly throughout the home and some families were unable to locate their relatives’ bodies."
- Stereogum have a fun career-spanning interview with Ice-T.
- And finally, this clip could use some Benny Hill music on it:
Extra Extra: QAnon Believers Really Want Trump To Become A Dictator
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: