- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Omarosa apparently taped conversations with Trump and is now writing a tell-all titled UNHINGED.
- Missy Elliott discovered she has a spiritual twin who can nail the chorus of "Work It."
- The Academy of Motion Pictures is adding a new award category for popular films, which some people think is a really dumb move.
- Vanity Fair went inside the bizarre, controversial world of dog cloning.
- Mel Magazine thinks it's time to bring back icing.
- Kanye West has cancelled on James Corden for Carpool Karaoke multiple times, costing him over $45K.
- President Trump’s lawyers rejected the special counsel’s latest terms for an interview in the Russia investigation.
- Depressing statistics time: musicians only received 12% of the music industry’s $43 billion revenue in 2017.
- McSweeney's has still got it.
- What's the Climate Report? Not great, Bob .
- Does the victim in one of Cape Cod's oldest cold cases (known only as "the Lady of the Dunes") appear in the movie Jaws? Stephen King's son thinks so.
- And finally, ever wonder what your dog is doing at home while you're at work?
oh... uhhhh. you're home early.
📹: goldenbenjamin pic.twitter.com/EN08u1mQ6V
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 8, 2018