- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Twenty New Jersey residents have tested positive for chikungunya, a mosquito-borne illness.
- NPR interns created a fun Tumblr about office lunch called All Soups Considered.
- A TMNT ad depicting an exploding building caused a stir since the film will be released on September 11th.
- OKCupid would like to "apologize" for experimenting on humans.
- Rockland County residents have discovered swastikas and racial epithets spray painted onto several cars.
- On a related topic, here are the US cities with the most hate crimes. Pro-Tip: Don't move to Boise, Idaho.
- ESPN talking head Stephen A. Smith has been suspended for one week following his tone deaf comments on domestic violence.
- Despite admonishing the "Poor Door" development, Mayor de Blasio actually voted in favor of a measure that made it possible in the first place.
- And finally, this chipmunk is hoarding for the inevitable almond shortage caused by hoarding chipmunks:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today