- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- NYPD officer tells the Guardian UK that looting is okay under certain circumstances: "Looting, to me, is acceptable if you're looting for your baby or your family." But not for a "60 inch flat-screen TV".
- The guy who wrote Toy Story 3 and won an Oscar for Little Miss Sunshine may be writing the next Star Wars movie.
- The MTA has docked two days’ pay for hundreds of transit workers who were allegedly MIA during Hurricane Sandy.
- A Romney adviser said Mitt was "shellshocked" by losing the election—which is funny, because he seemed okay with it when he sang his concession speech the other night.
- A nine-year-old from the Ukraine spent his family's entire life's savings on candy.
- David Simon wrote a moving piece about Obama's re-election, and the end of normal.
- The woman who became a Hurricane Sandy meme for posing in pictures with the damage claims she's not a model, and she wasn't modeling: "Just because I'm beautiful and have loads of sex appeal, it doesn't mean that I'm a bad person. It's not my fault that you see the pictures and you think I'm beautiful or sexy."
- Tumblr of the day: white people mourning Romney.
- The ASPCA dog of the year is a blind poodle who was found in a trash heap.
- An irate libertarian blogger who swears he's going to "boycott" all his Democratic friends gets masterfully trolled.
- And finally, check out this miniature dog whose owner mistook her for a piece of placenta at birth:
Extra, Extra: NYPD Officer Says Looting Is Sometimes "Acceptable"
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: