- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, a lifelong Republican, told a small crowd in Boca Raton that Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s performance at confirmation hearings should disqualify him.
- Red-state Democratic senator Heidi Heitkamp announced that she will not vote to confirm Kavanaugh, as she aspires to “continue to stand up” for women and girls.
- Unfortunately, two key undecided Republicans—Jeff Flake and Susan Collins—both indicated they were satisfied with the FBI "investigation."
- Maria Gallagher, one of the two women who confronted Jeff Flake on the elevator last week, wrote an op-ed for the Times: "You’ve deemed Dr. Blasey credible; don’t look away now. Look survivors, all of us, in the eye. Show us we matter."
- There's a protest outside Trump Tower now.
- Is Chris Evans done playing Captain America...or is that just what Marvel wants us to think?!
- EW counts down the best songs from Bob's Burgers.
- Adult parties do kinda suck.
- The city has failed to pay special needs therapists for months.
- Vulture counts down the 40 greatest movie soundtracks.
- Why do people love Instagram accounts that post the same pic every day?
- Check out the first trailer for Clint Eastwood's new movie The Mule, about an octogenarian who acts as a drug mule for a Mexican drug cartel.
- Laurie Metcalf will play Hillary Clinton, and John Lithgow will play Bill Clinton, in a new Broadway play titled Hillary and Clinton opening next year.
- And finally, remember when we used to go swimming?
Just keep swimming 🐠🐶
🎥 max_et_louise pic.twitter.com/W3Culjde1B
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 4, 2018