- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- A-list director— including Steven Spielberg, David Fincher, Ang Lee and more—answer questions about making movies from Sam Mendes in this month's Empire.
- Meet Totes McGoats, the new Niagara Falls recycling mascot.
- Great lede of the day: "A former meerkat expert at London Zoo has been ordered to pay compensation to a monkey handler she attacked with a wine glass in a love spat over a llama-keeper."
- This is the most pathetic elevator bell ring.
- Here are some Awl pieces that never quite came together.
- Gracie Mansion is getting some new diverse art.
- Mike D of the Beastie Boys is selling his sex house.
- Ah, remember the days when Frank Zappa and Miles Davis played drug dealers and pimps on Miami Vice?
- Miley Cyrus and the Flaming Lips are going to play a concert completely in the nude...and if you want to go, you have to be naked too.
- Bedford Avenue has the most expensive blocks in Brooklyn.
- And finally, when will the war between cats and trash cans end?
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today