via Michael Pearce
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- New Jersey has declared a state of emergency because of the snow, and 1.7 million customers are without power on the East Coast. Charades-lovers, it's your time to shine (and piss off everyone else in your home).
- Looks like trick or treaters should skip the White House and head straight to the Henderson's: we heard they're giving out "healthy" stuff.
- Two off-duty NYPD officers were booked for DWI yesterday morning, thankfully proving that they can't "fix" everything.
- Britney Spears should uh...yeah. Remember this?
- A Brooklyn limo driver who swindled $170K worth of wine out of users on WineCommune.com has been sentenced to two years in jail, where he will undoubtedly discover that prison wine is STILL better than Sutter Home.
- Last night's World Series Game was the most-watched since 2002, if you exclude World Series games played by the Yankees and the Red Sox. Wait, what's a World Series?
- George Clooney's ex-girlfriend says they had "more of a father-daughter relationship," which is strange because they probably had sex.
- Want to get on that sexxxy FDNY calendar? You'll have to wait an extra two months to take the exam this year.