- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and Instagram, and like us on Facebook.
- Mayor de Blasio declined an invitation for a streamed sit down with Uber in advance of a proposed bill to limit for-hire cab services.
- A new "bombshell" climate change study "casts extreme doubt about the near-term stability of global sea levels."
- And here's a glimpse into our terrifying, watery future.
- Housing advocates don't want Mayor de Blasio to speak at the Vatican tomorrow because of his track record with NYCHA.
- A rising Philadelphia chef shares his story about the Amtrak crash that paralyzed him.
- Some Fire Island homes are being torn down to make room for new dunes.
- Ladies: just say no to douches of all kinds.
- Study finds that most podcast listeners are iPhone owners.
- And finally, why sit on the floor when a friend's head is so much more comfortable?
Extra, Extra: New Global Warming Study Says NYC Could Be Uninhabitable In Decades
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: