- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Neil Young is taking credit for giving Trump the "Make America ___ Again" motto, and also has some mixed feelings about our President-elect: "Trump has a refreshing viewpoint for the downtrodden, for the people who have suffered under politics as usual," he said. "On the other side of the coin, I hope he fails miserably with all of his bad ideas."
- VERY GOOD NEWS STORY OF THE DAY: this rescued pit bull smiles like a person.
- Trump will soon have the power of the Voice Of America, which could serve as his own propagandist media network.
- More than 4,500 women have signed up to run for office since the election.
- Watch the trailer for a mysterious new Netflix show, The OA, coming out this week.
- This is the best end-of-the-year meme.
- When you get sick of talking to adults about your problems, you can always talk to this 11-year-old.
- Pitchfork counts down their 100 favorite songs of the year.
- Congressional leaders from across both aisles are backing an investigation into Russia's involvement with the election—except Paul Ryan, of course.
- Carolyn Maloney is hosting a panda party fundraiser to try to raise cash to bring some pandas to NYC.
- And finally, take a trip to the canine sanctuary in Costa Rica:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today