- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Two mountaineers have died on Mount Everest after crowds of people became stuck in a queue leading to the summit of the world's highest mountain.
- Rudy Giuliani reminded everyone of his great communications skills with one tweet.
- The NY Times reports that the Trump administration has formally proposed to revise Obama-era civil rights for transgender people in the health care system, eliminating “gender identity” as a factor in health care and leaning government policy toward recognizing only characteristics of sex at birth.
- Read this absolutely lovely Twitter thread about mailman Floyd Martin's retirement—and then you can contribute to his GoFundMe for his dream retirement in Hawaii if you want!
- Did you ever get stranded on the ridiculously long bathroom line at Surf Lodge in Montauk?
- Stephen Malkmus said that the chances of another Pavement reunion are "realistic:" "If there’s interest, then that’s always a factor. If people are really psyched about it, I’d be psyched about it too. So we’ll see."
- The best thing on the Internet today (or...any day?) is this explanation of which Fast & Furious character corresponds with which 2020 Democrats—complete with horrifying photoshops!
- Trump tweeted out a manipulated video of Nancy Pelosi—here's how these fake videos are created and spread.
- Jack Dorsey's tech company Square has quietly started working with a select group of CBD startups, while other "payments rivals shy away from the trendy substance."
- Milo Yiannapolous was scheduled to appear at the Long Island City’s The Creek and The Cave comedy bar, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen.
- Long live NYC diners.
- And finally, I would smile too if this were the face I saw in the mirror every day:
this dog loves seeing himself in the mirror
(sena0224joy IG) pic.twitter.com/JOLO0Yi93F
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) May 24, 2019