- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Jack Dorsey talked about his love of jeans, conservative provocateur Laura Loomer chaining herself to Twitter HQ in NYC ("I respect that. I think it’s brave. I love activists. I love protest. I’m a punk. My music when I was growing up was punk. Hackers are punk.") and how Mark Zuckerberg loves to hunt and kill goat.
- Listen to a new Jenny Lewis single.
- Trump and Pelosi exchanged some more letters today about the State Of The Union, which culminated in Trump saying he would look for alternative venues for his address.
- Farhad Manjoo has one single tip for journalists: never tweet.
- Zombie Gawker Needs Brains: the site’s only two full-time writers quit in protest of editorial director Carson Griffith’s alleged remarks about everything from race to penis size.
- Conde Nast will put all its titles behind a paywall by the end of the year.
- Sigh, Joe Biden was paid $200,000 to give a speech on behalf of a long-serving Republican from Michigan last fall before the election.
- A 27-year-old Colorado man was arrested for threatening to kill women in a mass shooting: "I'm 27 years old and I've never had a girlfriend before and I'm still a virgin, this is why I'm planning on shooting up a public place soon and being the next mass shooter."
- Here are some tips on how to get over being ghosted.
- The Trump shutdown is compromising FBI investigations.
- Michael Cohen has indefinitely postponed his congressional testimony due to "ongoing threats against his family" from Trump and Giuliani.
- The Ringer reports on how Instagram is changing our living spaces.
- And finally, don't underestimate how exhausting it is to hold a parsnip:
He fell asleep playing with his parsnip 😍❤ pic.twitter.com/VAmg0Pz4fT
— 🌊❄️Dexter #TeamPelosi (@Texas_Dexter) January 22, 2019