- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The guy who put up a tribute to Aretha Franklin at the Franklin Ave. station in Brooklyn wants to establish a more permanent tribute to her there.
- Also, TMZ claims that Franklin left no will.
- Kiki, are you reading? Are you writing?
- Paul Manafort was found guilty of eight out of 18 charges: five tax fraud charges, one charge of hiding foreign bank accounts, and two counts of bank fraud (the other 10 charges were declared a mistrial). He faces up to 80 years in federal prison.
- Too many cooks in the kitchen is bad, and so is too many bosses in the office.
- Olive Garden is now offering unlimited pasta passes for an entire year.
- Danny Boyle has exited the next Bond movie over creative differences.
- Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey talked to BuzzFeed about his recent efforts to court conservatives despite deep criticism from the left.
- Kathryn Hahn will star in the upcoming HBO series Mrs. Fletcher, based on the book by The Leftovers scribe Tom Perrotta.
- Is Melania Trump trolling the president? Or is she just a complacent cog in his machine?
- Post Malone’s plane had to make an emergency landing in Windsor, NY after blowing out two of its tires.
- And finally, this is what it's like when you don't see your dogs for six months:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today