- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- You on Christmas morning: "I love it!" You later on Christmas morning: Googling how to return your unwanted holiday gifts.
- Hong Kong police used tear gas on protesters during a Christmas Day actions.
- A 28-year-old man was arrested for assault as a hate crime after punching an Orthodox Jewish man on the Upper East Side.
- A witness to a Colorado bank robbery said the suspect with a white beard came out of the bank, threw money up in the air, and yelled, "Merry Christmas!"
- Meowy Christmas! Vulture took up the impawsible task of ranking cat film performances for this definitive look at feline actors. (P.S. Bell, Book, and Candle is the definitive witchy, Greenwich Village Christmas movie!)
- If you were hot and bothered by Chris Evans'Knives Out sweater, then I don't know what you'll feel when you see his dog wearing a cable knit sweater.
- A man dressed as Santa and ringing a bell outside an upstate supermarket was arrested for soliciting a prostitute.
- Nothing says the holiday season like the NYPD rolling up onto Lincoln Center's sidewalk.
- Prince Andrew, "former" pal of deceased pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein, kept a low profile at the British royal family's Christmas festivities.
- A driver dressed as Santa was arrested after hitting parked vehicles and a person in California.
- Cardi B and Offset bought a huge house in Atlanta with a gun range inside.
- A man was sent to prison for insurance fraud after an incident involving dressing as Santa and stealing a friend's wife's car.
- And all I want for Christmas is a pet who can willingly wear festive clothing:
Extra Extra: Merry Christmas, Here Are The Best Cat Film Performances Ever
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: