- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Democratic National Committee has rejected a proposal to host a single-issue debate on the climate crisis because it isn't like it's the single most important problem facing us right now.
- Miley Cyrus got some stuff off her chest on Twitter today: “I got kicked off Hotel Transylvania for buying Liam a penis cake for his birthday and licking it.”
- Keens Steakhouse in Midtown is removing "posters depicting actors in blackface and other overtly negative stereotypes" from its walls.
- Of course Sarah Huckabee Sanders got a job at Fox News.
- Reassuring headline of the day: "A Giant Volcano Could End Human Life on Earth as We Know It."
- Someone, please, I beg you, adopt this chonky cat.
- I can't believe this is not satire: News Corp is developing a news-aggregation service called Knewz.com to address publishers' concerns about Google and Facebook.
- Missy Elliott announced that she is releasing “a collection of new songs” called Iconology tonight.
- An email sent from the Justice Department to all immigration court employees this week included a link to an article posted on a white nationalist website that “directly attacks sitting immigration judges with racial and ethnically tinged slurs."
- A body found at a Queens hostel has been confirmed to be the missing head chef from Cipriani Dolci Grand Central who had not been seen or heard from in four days.
- After an outcry, Brooklyn venue Warsaw cancelled a planned event this weekend with a Holocaust revisionist.
- A man fought back against a stranger who randomly attacked and then robbed him inside a Brooklyn subway station.
- Here are noise complaints in NYC visualized.
- The NY Times Magazine has a feature on how Venus Williams changed the game and never got her due.
- And finally, this dog really deserves a trampoline of its own:
somebody get this dog a trampoline
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) August 22, 2019