- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- One of Trump's picks to serve on the Federal Reserve Board has written that women should be banned from refereeing, announcing or beer vending at men's college basketball games, asking if there was any area in life "where men can take vacation from women."
- Nancy Pelosi is still not sold on impeachment, even as she denounced Trump's "highly unethical and unscrupulous behavior," which she said “does not bring honor to the office he holds."
- On the other hand, op-ed writer Jamelle Bouie makes a very compelling case in favor of impeachment hearings.
- A Wisconsin man has seen Captain Marvel 116 times, breaking a world record for no apparent reason: “I thought it was the most insane thing ever, I thought it was impossible," the man said of his feat. "I wasn’t even sure why it was even a record, but I thought after a while ‘I should probably do that.'"
- Five of Bob Dylan's photographers give the backstories on classic Dylan album covers.
- Is there a way to have a productive political debate in 2019?
- Disney heiress Abigail Disney was shocked by CEO Bob Iger's ludicrous compensation: "Let me very clear. I like Bob Iger. I do NOT speak for my family but only for myself," she wrote in a Twitter thread. "Other than owning shares (not that many) I have no more say in what happens there than anyone else. But by any objective measure a pay ratio over a thousand is insane."
- Behind closed doors, Trump apparently is a Bernie supporter.
- What a perfect day to read an interview with Podrick Payne.
- A man did a Google search for his childhood best friend, and was devastated by what turned up.
- Nothing turns coworkers into friends faster than talking shit.
- Police have charged a man they say stabbed a subway conductor in the Bronx on Easter morning.
- And finally, what pet owner would stand there watching this take place without trying to stop it:
mud : it's good for you
(cooperandcharlie_co IG) pic.twitter.com/uf7MbgFz1j
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) April 22, 2019