- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- If you're going to rob a hotel, why not just cut out holes in a sheet and disguise yourself as a grade-school ghost?
- NASA has released photos from the New Horizons mission showing the distant object Ultima Thule, "the first exploration of such a primitive planetary object in human history."
- FYI: Even though there's a federal shutdown, the IRS will still take your money but just won't give you your refunds immediately.
- Also, no one can get marriage licenses in D.C. because of the shutdown.
- Actor Bob Einstein, best known as Super Dave Osborne or Funk Man on Curb Your Enthusiasm, has passed away.
- New Year's surprise: A woman found a drunken intruder in her home, sleeping next to her 150-pound dog.
- Would you want a Nancy Pelosi sweatshirt from Oscar winner Barry Jenkins?
- Apple's stock plummeted this afternoon after the company revised its revenue expectations due to slowing sales in China.
- This is an extremely satisfying Twitter thread about being Internet famous or something.
- And speaking of ghosts...
Extra, Extra: Man Dressed As Ghost Robs Hotel
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: