- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Machetes are still a thing in Williamsburg.
- Here are an 11-year-old Martin Scorcese’s storyboards for a never-produced Roman epic.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon prank The Roots with an augmented 50 Shades of Grey trailer.
- Massachusetts police responding to a report of a gun were treated instead to an area man's "gun show."
- The NY Times has responded to allegations of plagiarism with an editor's note.
- The mystery surrounding an 18th-century ship discovered under the World Trade Center has been solved.
- Some brave MTA Bridge and Tunnel cops rescued residents from a Queens apartment fire.
- The NYPD does not appear to be investigating a collision on the Hudson River Greenway that sent a cyclist to the hospital.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all