- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Lori Loughlin apparently thought the DA was bluffing about jail time, so she rejected their first plea and now faces additional charges.
- And her daughter's are not able to withdraw from USC pending a "case-by-case review" of potentially affected students while the college conducts an internal investigation into the nationwide admissions scam.
- Sean Bean, aka Ned Stark, has some Game Of Thrones catching up to do.
- Trump thinks that George Washington should have been more like Trump, of course.
- John Kerry responded in disbelief to questions about his college major during a ridiculous, secretive House Oversight Committee hearing on combatting climate change.
- Read this brave, devastating excerpt from Jayson Greene's memoir about his child's death after a brick fell from an eighth-story windowsill on the Upper West Side.
- Did you know that there's a semi-secret society for current and former Trump staffers?
- Rolling Stone has a great story on Gabe Reed, a failed rock star who reinvented himself as a concert promoter and who is now in prison for defrauding fans and rock stars out of $1.7 million.
- Custody over pets is increasingly figuring in divorce proceedings, to the point that one in 20 pet-owning couples "now reportedly have a pet-nup detailing everything from contact time to grooming parlours."
- Hold your nose, there is a pollenpocalypse happening in North Carolina.
- Kate McKinnon will play Elizabeth Holmes in a limited series for Hulu based on the podcast The Dropout.
- Vulture investigates how one puts makeup on cats.
- And finally, can you imagine seeing this everyday at work:
describe the ideal work environment
(lifeofsterlingnewton IG) pic.twitter.com/vYgqP8VQMI
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) April 10, 2019