- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- It seems those lucky enough to have received a COVID-19 vaccination are also entitled to free food.
- This fascinating video from Business Insider follows a day in the life of New York City's 450-600 tons of trash.
- The Wall Street Journal examined websites for thousands of hospitals nationwide and found that hundreds of them have deliberately embedded code that stops Google from displaying pages with the price lists, in apparent violation of new federal rules.
- COVID cases and hospitalizations from the virus are rising again in New Jersey.
- Over 50,000 Australians in the state of New South Wales are facing the possibility of displacement due to heavy rains causing the worst flooding that nation has seen in decades.
- City & State takes a close look at New York's broken system for selecting judges — you know, those random people you notice on the back of your ballot after you thought you were done voting?
- Plastic straws are awful, but many of the disposable alternatives made from paper or other natural materials have chemicals in them — PFAs — that have been linked to cancer and thyroid disease, among other things, according to a new study published in Science Direct.
- The NY Times talked to COVID-19 survivors who have experienced terrifying psychotic symptoms weeks after being infected, despite having no history of mental illness: "Like a light switch — it happened this fast — this intense paranoia hit me," one man recalled.
- Check out video of the giant fireball that blazed above NYC Saturday night.
- And finally, please know that you are loved and accept these virtual flowers as a real token of our appreciation:
Extra, Extra: The Long, Complicated Journey Of Your Garbage
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: