- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Rep. Adam Schiff learned about the outlines of a C.I.A. officer’s concerns that Trump had abused his power days before the officer filed a whistleblower complaint...and Schiff handled everything by the book as he was supposed to.
- House Democrats say they plan to subpoena the White House by Friday if it does not comply with their requests for documentation.
- Trump ranted and raved about impeachment during his press conference with the poor Finnish president, who had no idea what he was getting himself into.
- Patricia Lockwood, who might be the best living writer, gets deep into the weeds on all things John Updike: "He wrote like an angel, the consensus goes, except when he was writing like a malfunctioning sex robot attempting to administer cunnilingus to his typewriter."
- Sen. Bernie Sanders experienced "chest discomfort" on Tuesday night and will suspend campaigning "until further notice" after doctors treated a blockage in an artery.
- Thom Yorke and Stephen Colbert make for great late night TV conversation.
- Uproxx ranks their 60 favorite Wilco songs.
- Learn how old Penn Station was recreated for the movie Motherless Brooklyn.
- Vice Media has acquired Refinery29.
- The pineapple has become the symbol of IVF.
- Listen to "Animal," a new song by Sleater-Kinney that was cut from their last album.
- And finally, this is my personal spirit animal:
Extra Extra: How The Old Penn Station Was Recreated For The 'Motherless Brooklyn' Movie
Recent in News
Featured in News
Gov. Kathy Hochul and Mayor Eric Adams are ordering flags at half-staff in memory of those lost.
Read More In: