Photograph by by WarmSleepy on Flickr
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- OMG, total salmoning: Blake Lively and Leonardo DiCaprio were biking against traffic in NYC—without their helmets too! They need to read this.
- The Dow fell 265 points today, under the 12,000 mark.
- Norwegian massacre killer Anders Breivik visited Newark, NJ in 2004; it's unclear if he visited NYC also.
- Former Village Voice reporter Wayne Barrett discusses his new gig at The Daily Beast: "The first assignment I got was to do a piece about Kabala,” the mystical Jewish religion. "I get an email from one of her editors saying ‘we want you to look at Kabala corruption,’ so I come downstairs to Fran and I say ‘I think they are sending me to Kabul.’"
- Roosevelt Island gets a new park with a HUGE HEAD of FDR.
- Pipe attack at LaGuardia among Southwestern employees!
- A former city welfare worker has pleaded guilty to stealing millions in food stamps.
- By the end of July, why even bother throwing out your Christmas tree? Reuse it in December!