- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The future of 3-D printing a gun at home is imperiled!
- Lena Dunham wants at least $1 million dollars to write a book about losing her virginity, among other things.
- HBO has renewed Boardwalk Empire for a fourth season.
- Ugh: Time Warner Cable will now charge customers $3.95 a month to "rent" their modems.
- Forty animals—including snakes, chickens, a goat and a kinkajou—were removed from a home in Maryland. Related: there's an animal called a kinkajou!
- The Weather Channel has taken over the naming of storms from the National Weather Service. Get ready for Hurricane Rocky and Tropical Storm Yogi. (Seriously.)
- Aww, a days-old kitten was rescued from a trash can in 90-degree heat and nursed back to health.
- Scary: subway doors close between a mom and her son and train leaves the station.
- Nerd payday: Sir Patrick Stewart's $2.5M Park Slope digs are seriously swanky and include two wood-burning fireplaces and a private keyed elevator.
- And finally, here are some teeny ducklings learning how to swim in someone's pool:
Extra, Extra: Lena Dunham Wants $1M To Tell You About Losing Her Virginity
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: