- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Times on the NY Times' audience: "I think of The Times reader as very well-educated, worldly and likely affluent...But I think we have as many college professors as Wall Street bankers."
- Meet a panhandling doggy!
- A man was killed by the pin-setting machine in a bowling alley.
- A Florida woman stabbed her boyfriend because he allegedly threatened her turtle.
- Sometimes we need to step back and appreciate the beauty of building implosions through the eyes of the children.
- Adam is back at the Met.
- The KKK have been distributing flyers on Long Island.
- We know Monster Energy drinks are probably the work of the devil, but are they literally Satanic?
- Three pedestrians were fatally struck by drivers in separate incidents last night.
- And finally, here's a dog who spent 9 years living in a wire cage in a puppy mill experiencing a bed for the first time:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today