- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Inside the tumultuous and passionate marriage behind the McDonald's empire.
- The NY Times Magazine examines whether Republicans are really going to repeal Obamacare—and whether they even want to at this point: "The joke around Washington is that the Republicans are going to repeal Obamacare — and they’ll replace it with the Affordable Care Act."
- There are plenty of options of how to procure weed in NYC, but the Green Angels devised a novel strategy for standing out: they hired models to be their dealers.
- At least one member of the Senate Intelligence Committee has called for an exhaustive investigation into connections between Donald Trump and Russia.
- Kellyanne Conway claims she doesn’t know who retweeted a White Nationalist from her Twitter account.
- Finland has a word for getting drunk in your underwear at home.
- The Ringer has a must-read piece about George Saunders and his new novel.
- Here's an excerpt from the audiobook of Bruce Springsteen's memoir with him describing how he proposed to Patti.
- These are the Trump handshake photoshops you are looking for.
- Bless his heart, but Carlos Santana has very bad opinions on Beyonce: "With all respect to our sister Beyonce, Beyonce is very beautiful to look at and it's more like modeling kind of music—music to model a dress—she's not a singer, singer, with all respect to her."
- Vulture has a profile of the great Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
- A White House reporter claims that Omarosa Manigault "physically intimidated" and verbally threatened her outside the Oval Office.
- Scott Baio does not take kindly to jokes about his precious Nordstrom boycott.
- And finally, we hope your Valentine's Day evening is this sweet:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today