- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Twenty four former U.S. attorneys, all Republicans, came out in support of Joe Biden and said Trump is “a threat to the rule of law in our country."
- The White House’s science policy office today ranked “ending the COVID-19 pandemic” atop the list of Trump’s top first-term accomplishments 😂😭.
- Previously unreleased documents show that the government has paid $2.5 million of taxpayer money to Trump businesses—as an example, Trump Org charged $7,700 for a dinner, $6,000 for floral arrangements…and $3 for POTUS’s own glass of water.
- Chrissy Teigen wrote a touching Medium piece about her pregnancy loss, and how she and her family chose to experience it: "I cannot express how little I care that you hate the photos. How little I care that it’s something you wouldn’t have done. I lived it, I chose to do it, and more than anything, these photos aren’t for anyone but the people who have lived this or are curious enough to wonder what something like this is like. These photos are only for the people who need them. The thoughts of others do not matter to me."
- Canada’s prime minister Justin Trudeau on the pandemic: it "really sucks."
- Is the Trump campaign giving up on Florida, or are they just running out of cash?
- Trump flew into a rage after Fox News aired parts of a Barack Obama speech in which he said Trump had turned the White House into a COVID hot zone: “And what’s his closing argument? That people are too focused on COVID,” the former president exclaimed. “He said this at one of his rallies, ‘COVID, COVID, COVID.’ He’s complaining, he’s jealous of COVID’s media coverage!”
- Scientists say they have found evidence that frozen methane deposits in the Arctic Ocean – known as the “sleeping giants of the carbon cycle” – have started to be released over a large area of the continental slope off the East Siberian coast.
- The Trump administration is reportedly burying dozens of studies detailing the promise of renewable energy.
- Kazakhstan is finally embracing the popularity of Borat and adopting his catchphrase "very nice" as a new slogan.
- After 2 weeks of multiple health screens and asking everyone to quarantine, Kim Kardashian West spawned a new meme format so we could pretend things were normal just for a brief moment in time.
- Jon Stewart will host a "cultural affairs" series at AppleTV+: "The one-hour series will explore a single topic with each episode, with each topic being part of current national events as well as Stewart’s advocacy work."
- And finally, you're going to want to turn the sound on for this one:
Extra Extra: White House Science Policy Office Announces Trump Ended The Pandemic
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: