- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump plans to declare a national emergency so he can bypass Congress and build his precious, dumb wall.
- The Times has a piece about the secret history of women in coding.
- Check out the first teaser trailer for the second season of Killing Eve.
- If you only read one story about relationships on Valentine's Day, make it this one about Galápagos tortoises Bibi and Poldi who broke it off after almost a century together.
- The National Weather Service in Cleveland issued a "small dog warning" today due to 50-mph winds.
- A new videotape that allegedly shows R. Kelly having sex with an underage girl who "refers to her body parts as 14 years old" has surfaced and it may "soon lead to [Kelly’s] indictment in Illinois."
- Mel Magazine has an ode to the guys who get dumped in romcoms.
- A Connecticut judge has ruled that Infowars host Alex Jones must undergo a sworn deposition in the defamation case brought against him by family members of Sandy Hook school shooting victims.
- Frank Assmann, a real person, opens up about what life is like with that last name.
- Kanye West got Kim Kardashian a really special Valentine's Day gift: Kenny G.
- A NJ train rider refused to move her bag on a packed train to let others sit next to her because she didn't want their "bedbugs" or "smell" near her.
- Laura Snapes writes that the allegations against Ryan Adams is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to misogyny among indie rockers.
- And finally, may your evening be this restful:
I want to be a part of this cuddle puddle.
📹: little. foster. family pic.twitter.com/A9KTTaRpPJ
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) February 14, 2019