- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- If you're only going to read one piece today about the whole Bernie/Warren sexism kerfuffle, read Rebecca Traister: "If we worry so much about whether we can elect a woman that it guides our choices, what we get is self-fulfilling prophecy, a future that looks like our past."
- When you sign up for dating apps like Grindr, OkCupid and Tinder, just be aware that they are "spreading user information like dating choices and precise location to advertising and marketing companies in ways that may violate privacy laws."
- Destroyer's Dan Bejar is a delightful, pretentious, and brilliant one-of-a-kind songwriter—read this excellent profile of him.
- A Brooklyn dad allegedly shot his daughter in the arm during an argument.
- If you could go to the moon for free, would you?
- A year of reporting on the Amish reveals a culture of "rape, incest and abuse," according to investigative journalist Sarah McClure.
- Colin Trevorrow's original script for what became Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker apparently leaked online today—you can decide whether it is better or worse than what we got.
- Every Brad Pitt role, ranked.
- Next time you want to get out of work by calling in sick, maybe hone your Photoshop skills first.
- Ai Weiwei writes about how "the idea of ‘cultural differences’ has been used as a justification for some of humanity’s worst crimes."
- Bruce Springsteen's son Sam has been sworn in as a full-fledged Jersey City firefighter.
- You'll finally be able to DM on Instagram on web browsers.
- Billie Eilish will write and record the theme song for the upcoming James Bond film No Time to Die.
- And finally, a new species has been discovered:
Extra Extra: Dating Apps Are Spreading Your Personal Data Like STDs
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: