- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- #COVIDIOTS is trending on Twitter after thousands of people marched in London demanding an end to restrictions intended to slow the spread of COVID-19, which has killed over 125,000 people in the United Kingdom.
- In related news, Van Morrison has finally weighed in on the matter, releasing an album of protest songs against COVID-19 lockdowns and calling those who question his wisdom members of a "cult."
- 4-year-old Joshua Vinson Jr. was declared the Ultimate Josh after a giant battle of the Joshes that took place in a Nebraska field on Saturday to determine the one true Josh.
- The AARP has a new ad campaign targeting Generation Xers, featuring plenty of flannel and skateboards.
- After being accused of doing too little to help battle a devastating coronavirus surge in India, the Biden administration on Sunday pledged to assist the country with supplies and funding to accelerate vaccine manufacturing.
- Broadway producer Scott Rudin has resigned from the Broadway League amid numerous allegations of toxic, bullying misconduct toward his assistants and others.
- A public pressure campaign brought by a group of kindergarten students has led to the City Council banning the use of toxic pesticides from regular use by city agencies and in parks.
- NBC profiles Jeremy Lee Stone, the deaf NYC actor who portrays an ASL teacher in Sound of Metal and taught Riz Ahmed sign language.
- An Oklahoma woman was shocked to discover that she has been a wanted felon for decades for allegedly not returning a VHS rental of 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch' to the Movie Place in Norman, Oklahoma in 2000.
- And finally, crab apple:
Extra, Extra: The Joshes Battled To Determine The One True Josh
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: