- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- "Today's press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American President in memory," said John McCain in a statement released after Trump sided with Russia — and against the FBI — at today's summit in Helsinki. Read it in full here.
- And he wasn't the only one to speak out—even Paul Ryan criticized Trump, saying, "There is no question that Russia interfered in our election... The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally."
- Meanwhile, the NY Times tweeted out a video portraying Trump and Putin as lovers, and got slammed for it.
- Maybe let's all rethink our use of Twitter?
- Tesla shares fell after the British diver who helped save the Thai soccer team "said he is considering legal action against Elon Musk because the company's boss labeled him 'pedo guy.'"
- Here's the list of nominations for this year's MTV VMAs.
- And finally, check out Felicity Jones as Ruth Bader Ginsburg in the first trailer for On The Basis Of Sex, coming to the big screen this December 🙌
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today