- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Good news everybody: a new report suggests there is "a high likelihood of human civilization coming to an end" by 2050.
- The Cut profiled Billions star Asia Kate Dillon, and how their character on the show helped them clarify their own identity.
- The NY Times investigates how elite public schools "lost" their black and hispanic students.
- Man it's a hot piece: read the ultimate oral history of "Smooth" by Santana featuring Rob Thomas. "When I listened to the lyrics and heard, 'It’s a hot one,' those lyrics are outside of time and gravity. I thought we had entered a place of immortality," Santana said.
- CJR asks: who is Florida Man?
- Check out the official trailer for the upcoming Bob Dylan Rolling Thunder Revue documentary by Martin Scorsese.
- Mystery of the day: "Did Canuck the crow swoop off with a knife from a Vancouver crime scene?"
- Do NYC bars sober-shame customers?
- This McSweeney's article is just *chef's kiss.*
- The man who attacked the Central Park Jogger was a serial rapist and murderer who struck before and after—now, the survivors of his attacks speak for the first time.
- Barry Jenkins will direct a film based on the life of famed choreographer Alvin Ailey.
- And finally, I want to live here:
AUSSIECON 2019 pic.twitter.com/ibr2PjSyp2
— Aussies Doing Things (@aussiesdointhgs) June 3, 2019