- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A city in Montana, a state that didn't join the Union until decades after the Civil War, has decided to remove a monument to the Confederacy.
- A married man invited a different woman back to his Manhattan apartment, and she made off with a bunch of jewelry, including his wife's wedding ring.
- Curtis Granderson has been traded from the Mets to the Dodgers. Aw, goodbye Curtis. You were a great Met.
- Following his Twitter beef with Julian Casablancas and The Strokes, Ryan Adams is now going in on Father John Misty
- Steve Bannon is out of the White House, but his imprint will linger there like the smell of so much rotten meat.
- Cops are looking for a guy who smashed a pair of bottles together in a bodega and then stabbed a person with them.
- Don't normalize Floyd Mayweather.
- The white supremacist marchers of today just might be the Republican state legislators of tomorrow.
- And finally, I'm thinking of a dream I had:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today