- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Times got an early peek at Barry Diller Island, that controversial "Ferngully" park that is now being built on the Hudson River's Pier 55.
- A white Columbia sophomore was captured on video unleashing a racist tirade aimed at a group of students of color, yelling that "white people are the best thing that happened to the world."
- A California family returned to their home, which was destroyed in the Camp Fire's flames, only to find their lost dog waiting for them.
- Two longtime Catholic nuns allegedly embezzled as much as $500,000 in tuition, fees and donations from a school in California, and spent at least some of the money on trips and gambling at casinos.
- The Rev. A.R. Bernard has partnered with a developer to transform the land around his Brooklyn church into shops, a school and 2,100 apartments.
- Why is everyone so angry? The Atlantic investigates.
- Watch the brief first trailer for Netflix's upcoming Fyre Fest doc.
- Learn how one man's quest to spread Christmas cheer led to a miserable four-year war with his neighborhood.
- Barack Obama wants you to know when the health insurance deadline is.
- The 2020 race to be the Democratic candidate for president is going to be brutal but good.
- Lindsey Buckingham talks about his solo career and calls the current iteration of Fleetwood Mac a "cover band" with Stereogum.
- What the heck is going on in Britain?
- Instagram wants to be a walkie talkie now too.
- Here's a compelling case as to why you should boycott Walgreens.
- The Fearless Girl statute is now outside the NYSE.
- I mean, if you secretly climbed to the top of the Great Pyramid, wouldn't you want to have sex there?
- And finally, this dog really does not mind having his ear nibbled on:
"Licks vs. noms" pic.twitter.com/MGynXHmJtJ
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) December 10, 2018