- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The House Homeland Security chairman has filed a lawsuit in federal court against former President Donald Trump and his attorney, Rudy Giuliani, alleging that they incited the deadly insurrection at the Capitol on January 6th.
- The current power grid collapse in the storm-ravaged central and southern U.S. underscores the grave challenges ahead for the nation's electricity grid in the age of climate change.
- Here's the Athens Acropolis covered in snow, which is apparently very unusual.
- Martin Scorsese has written an impassioned tribute to Federico Fellini "and the lost magic of cinema."
- NBC's Storm Team 4 has looked into their frozen crystal ball and sees as much as eight inches of snow for NYC by the end of the week.
- The Shinnecock Nation plans to open up a casino on their reservation in Southampton.
- Some NYC restaurant owners resuming indoor dining say the food media should be more supportive.
- NASA's new Mars rover, Perseverance, is expected to touch down on Mars on Thursday, and everybody's a little on edge.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all