- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Two paramedics and two EMTs who treated Eric Garner after he was choked by an NYPD officer and subsequently died were placed on desk duty by the FDNY. "This is part of the process. It's not out of the ordinary," an official told the Wall Street Journal.
- The Times has a profile on an infamous 58-year-old pickpocket: “When they are wearing a suit, or nice pants, you can visualize it."
- A female rookie cop had her teeth punched out by a suspect who was smoking marijuana in Harlem, the Post reports.
- Bey + Grey = ???
- Bigoted immigration protesters showed up to the UN, Mashable reports.
- "The Pageant King Of Alabama"? Click.
- Higher taxes don't mean fewer jobs, at least in California.
- Research shows that poverty inflicts neural deterioration in babies' brains.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all