- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Jon Stewart gets results: a House panel passed a bill today to authorize additional funding for the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund until 2090.
- Trump invoked executive privilege to block disclosure of crucial documents about how a citizenship question was added to the 2020 census, while a House committee voted to recommend that two cabinet secretaries be held in contempt of Congress for failing to cooperate with the probe.
- A man used Snapchat’s “gender switch” filter to pose as a 16-year-old girl online, and took down a police officer allegedly looking to hook up.
- Are Americans the worst patients in the world?
- A bunch of "tech titans" had a retreat in Italy, but seemingly forgot to invite any women...so of course they then photoshopped women into a photo of the event.
- Somebody once told me this is the oral history of Smash Mouth's "All Star" you need.
- Stanford University’s former sailing coach was sentenced to just one day behind bars for his role in a massive college admissions scandal.
- Check out some high altitude drone photos of Mount Everest.
- The Times writes in defense of Dad jokes, truly the highest art form.
- Billionaire Howard Schultz has suspended his much-mocked presidential campaign for the summer.
- Why is Jessica Biel lobbying California lawmakers alongside anti-vaccine activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr.?
- Netflix says that When They See Us has been the "most-watched series on Netflix in the US every day since it premiered on May 31."
- And finally, this dog is very bad at being a sheepdog, but very good at being a good dog:
when you lied about having previous sheepdog experience
(Shadow The Border Collie) pic.twitter.com/apDQpgxokK
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) June 12, 2019