- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Pitchfork counts down the best movie soundtracks of all time.
- Is this creepy or romantic: a lawyer staged an elaborate fake trial in order to propose to his attorney girlfriend.
- CNN has hired a GOP operative with no journalism experience as a political editor for their 2020 election coverage.
- Listen to a new Tierra Whack single (that is over a minute long!).
- Not great Bob: The National Park Service was storing three buckets full of highly radioactive uranium in the visitor area of its Grand Canyon museum for nearly two decades.
- The Times has a big piece on Trump's two-year "sustained, secretive assault" on the investigations encircling him.
- What would you do if you spotted a scorpion crawling on the overhead bin inside a plane?
- Burberry has removed a hoodie that looks like a noose around the neck from their collection.
- There will be a Golden Girls cruise setting sail in 2020.
- Justice Clarence Thomas has called for the Supreme Court to reconsider New York Times v. Sullivan, the landmark 1964 ruling interpreting the First Amendment to make it hard for public officials to prevail in libel suits.
- Fifteen people tell Topic about how a financial windfall changed their lives.
- Here are some of the Very Good Boys & Very Good Girls whose humans are running for president in 2020.
- Did you know that "freelance pizza consultant" is a "real" gig?
- Let this young, loud Yankees fan explain why it's okay that the Bronx Bombers didn't sign Manny Machado.
- And finally, I told you I'm not going dad!
Nope nope nope. You are coming with me!
📷 chasin_chester pic.twitter.com/aogEDwqfdp
— puppybowl (@puppybol) February 19, 2019