- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Today's snowstorm is expected to cost the city as much as $28 million, according to NYC comptroller Scott Stringer.
- The Public Theater will stage a rare production of Julius Caesar in Central Park this summer.
- U.S. Olympics medalist Ibtihaj Muhammad, who is Muslim and wears a hijab, was detained by Customs.
- Remember that euphoria you felt when you scored a snow day? If not, let this kid remind you.
- Travel the globe in this cool video that zooms in on cities around the world using only Google Earth.
- Chinatown is so over, says the NY Post's Steve Cuozzo.
- America's oldest human died in New Jersey on Sunday; Adele Dunlap was 114.
- George Clooney's going to be a dad for the first time, times two: his wife Amal is expecting twins.
- De Blasio deems the pizza at Lee's Tavern on Staten Island "structurally sound" enough to eat without utensils.
- Climate change is decimating America's almond and pistachio crops.
- Milk-chugging neo-Nazis have hijacked Shia Labeouf’s anti-Trump livestream.
- Good news: the gigantic Chinatown snowman is BACK.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today