- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A Brooklyn Nets broadcaster was able to shoehorn a Seinfeld reference into last night's game-winning shot.
- City sells $70 million failed trains to scrap for $420K.
- A woman was fatally shot by a Brooklyn cop after she crashed a stolen car—and she may have been unarmed.
- In case you missed it: Jeff Tweedy, Mavis Staples, and Sean Lennon sang Christmas classic “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” on The Colbert Report.
- A former Law and Order star is in a cult now.
- John Kerry will likely be nominated as the next Secretary of State.
- A woman who was fired from her job at an elementary school cafeteria earlier this week after giving free lunch to a needy student has been given her job back.
- And because it's been a brutal couple days, let's all enjoy a bunch of animal videos: here's a goat who loves to play on the slide!
- And here's a dog who plays the hand-slap game!
- And here's a very dramatic cat!
- And finally, here's a dog who is excellent at balancing on things:
Extra, Extra: Goats On Slides, Dramatic Cats And Balancing Dogs
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: