- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Marvel Comics has created a new Muslim teenage superhero who lives in Jersey City.
- Behold this glow in the dark ice cream that's made with jellyfish.
- After months of denials, Toronto mayor Rob Ford admitted to smoking crack cocaine.
- NJ residents are on the lookout for a deer with an arrow in its head so they can help the poor animal.
- A medical assistant is suing her obstetrician boss, claiming she was fired for going into labor on a work day.
- Port Authority police delivered a baby girl this morning on the west side of the Holland Tunnel.
- Warning: Do not go Bigfoot hunting in Oklahoma.
- An abandoned kitty was finally rescued after spending two days inside a bag in a subway station.
- And finally, won't someone please play fetch with this sea lion cub?
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today