(Flickr User Occupy Wall Street)
- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A former city education official was sentenced to 25 years in prison for sexually torturing his wife with hammers and nails.
- NBC has canceled The Playboy Club, and one wag cracks wise about all the storylines we'll miss.
- Is this the only map that matters? It shows only the bike lanes.
- Jesus Christ Superstar is coming to Broadway (again)!
- The Girl Scouts' director of finance, Yaasmine Hooey, has been charged with embezzling $310,000 from the Girl Scout Council of Greater New York.
- Coney Island activists say the city's controversial cement boardwalk replacement already has over 2,000 cracks—and they're trying to put a stop to any more "cementwalks."
- Bloomberg was apparently a tough act to follow in court today when John Haggerty's mistress took the stand.