- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump said he plans on visiting Pittsburgh on Tuesday, but the mayor of Pittsburgh said please don't.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who is a documented liar, said today that the president got elected by an overwhelming majority of 63 million Americans, even though he lost the popular vote by three million.
- Vulture counts down 24 scary TV episodes to watch this Halloween.
- Check out the trailer for Netflix's new docuseries Dogs, a six-episode series that tracks six individual stories "celebrating the deep emotional bonds between people and their beloved four-legged friends."
- This great oral history of "Too Many Cooks" reveals what was left out: "There was supposed to be an entire army of lizard people."
- Two pastors interrupted Attorney General Jeff Sessions at a religious freedom event to criticize him for his approach to the migrant crisis.
- In addition to being a reclusive hard rock badass weirdo, Axl Rose is also a conscientious voter.
- NY Magazine talked to 27 school shooting survivors about what they've been through and what they hope for the future.
- After SNL made fun of it, Avatar isn't using the papyrus font anymore.
- Dream job alert: get paid $100/hour to play with puppies.
- Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams have hired Lena Dunham to adapt a nonfiction book, about a harrowing survival tale of a Syrian refugee stranded at sea, for the big screen.
- And finally, if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything in this life:
this is the kind of support I need.
📹: mackthebullydog pic.twitter.com/UkN5gwqPPX
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) October 29, 2018