- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Why is NYC's skyline always lit up?
- One-day deliveries are causing serious problems for cities.
- The NY Times takes an in-depth look at canners in the city—people collecting recyclables for the 5¢ deposits, an almost invisible work force paid literally by the penny.
- Mel Magazine declares that the Crying Jordan meme was the meme of the decade.
- Hallmark movies are fascist propaganda: "the most insidious authoritarian propaganda comes in the form of schmaltz."
- BuzzFeed looks back at the funniest and most absurd political tweets of the decade.
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation has cut Trump's cameo from Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, and Trump fans are outraged.
- Joe Biden is hoping that a coalition of "reasonable Republican dads" can help propel him to the presidency.
- Would you be okay with your partner getting a tattoo of you as a prank?
- Being bored is apparently great for your brain as long as you approach it the right way.
- Two lost dogs were reunited with their family on Christmas thanks to a bus driver.
- And finally, the sweetest Christmas present is a furry potato:
Extra Extra: Are Hallmark Movies Really The 'Platonic Ideal Of Fascist Propaganda'?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: