- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Re-drain the swamp: the Interior Department’s Office of Inspector General has opened an investigation into whether six of Trump’s appointees have violated federal ethics rules by engaging with their former employers or clients on department-related business.
- Jared Kushner tried to downplay Russia’s election sabotage, reducing it to "buying some Facebook ads to try to sow dissent."
- Woodstock organizers are apparently trying to take the brand global: "The new Woodstock will be held annually in a different country each year, and Lang says he’s held initial talks with Japan, Brazil and Spain."
- Uncaged headline of the day: "Nicolas Cage Angrily Sings 'Purple Rain' at Karaoke Bar After Filing Annulment."
- The White House apparently ordered Trump administration officials to boycott the annual White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.
- The brilliant David Milch opens up about having Alzheimer's and finishing Deadwood: The Movie with Vulture.
- Lucy Flores, the Nevada Democrat who accused Joe Biden of touching her without permission, says the former vice president has been "so incredibly disrespectful" by joking about the matter.
- Biden is reportedly going to officially announce he’s entering the 2020 race Thursday morning.
- Cuomo explained why he hasn't talked to NYCT president Andy Byford in months: "Why haven’t I spoken to the New York City Transit head since January? I was in Albany negotiating the budget, doing the total reorganization of the MTA," Cuomo said. "It’s very rare for me to deal with a division head directly."
- Pod Save America host and former Obama speechwriter Jon Lovett thinks it's shameful that SNL let Trump host the show: "He came down that escalator and he said Mexicans are rapists. He came down that escalator and he began one of the most despicable campaigns in modern American history. It wasn’t a joke, it wasn’t funny then," he said. "Look, if Donald Trump said the same types of things about gay people that he said about Mexicans, if he said the same kind of thing about Jews that he said about Muslims, there would be no chance that he could host Saturday Night Live."
- Do you agree with the LA Times' domestic beer power rankings?
- A University of Southern California coach accused of helping Lori Loughlin’s daughter get into the school as part of the nationwide college admissions scandal has agreed to plead guilty.
- And finally, interspecies friendship time:
Best friends 🐕🦆 pic.twitter.com/myiBQrIjqj
— puppybowl (@puppybol) April 23, 2019