- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Director John Singleton, who was the first African-American to earn an Oscar nomination for best director, has died. He was 51.
- Flyers at the Park Slope YMCA bear a warning directed toward Mayor de Blasio: "By entering these premises you agree not to run for President of the United States in 2020."
- Joe Biden said he takes responsibility for Anita Hill’s treatment during Clarence Thomas’s confirmation hearing: "As the committee chairman, I take responsibility that she did not get treated well. I take responsibility for that." But does that mean anything?
- Is Twitter keeping track of journalists' political leanings?
- Trump is blaming Gov Cuomo and NY attorney general Letitia James for the NRA's recent woes. He tweeted, without any evidence or proof, that they are "illegally using the State’s legal apparatus to take down and destroy this very important organization, & others."
- Have you considered naming your next child Arya?
- The White House is reviewing past writings by Stephen Moore, the conservative commentator whom Trump plans to nominate to the Federal Reserve Board, amid criticism that many of the opinion columns he penned denigrated women.
- A dog impaled on a lamppost after falling from a fourth-floor apartment in New Jersey over the weekend is expected to make a full recovery.
- A total of 17 wealthy parents, including actress Lori Loughlin, formally submitted not guilty pleas in federal court in the college admissions scam.
- Moby claims that he once "knob-touched" Donald Trump at a party shortly after 9/11.
- Apocalypse Now Final Cut, Francis Ford Coppola's re-edited 4K restoration that debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday, will be released theatrically in August.
- And finally, every house needs a pizza door:
Little pizza door ... !!
( podarroz_weimaraner IG ) pic.twitter.com/yUOaEqNGF6
— Stefano S. Magi (@StefanodocSM) April 29, 2019