- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- While we were all distracted with Hurricane Irene, Shia LaBeouf had a mini-breakdown at the opening of an L.A. nightclub where he reportedly spit water at his girlfriend, as well as Marilyn Manson.
- The Post and the Daily News used the same picture on their front pages this morning, as well as similar headlines! Good thing the Post added their usual classy touch to differentiate them.
- One teenage girl was paralyzed, and 10 others were injured when a party advertised as "Drama Free" on Facebook and Twitter broke out in violence in Queens.
- If you're looking for something to watch that isn't Hurricane Irene-related, the VMA's are tonight (and Reuters has a live blog?).
- A drunk woman began stealing other passengers' eyeglasses and attempted to perform an erotic dance on an airplane.
- The actor who played Dr. Evil's sidekick "Random Task" in the first Austin Powers movie was convicted of torture in connection with the 1990 abduction and gang rape of a 20-year-old woman.
- A man was fatally shot because of an argument over a fender bender in Brooklyn.
- It's fantasy football time!
- And Ryan Gosling has left NYC—and street fights will never be the same.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today