- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Knicks fans are still in shock after the team traded beloved unicorn Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks out of the blue.
- Cabin fever can have a real psychological effect on you.
- The Times has a great story about the history of black women and fur: "As soon as black women could afford to buy mink coats, white society and white women said fur was all wrong."
- Johnny Flynn will play David Bowie in an upcoming biopic film, whose cast also includes Marc Maron and Jena Malone.
- Gov. Cuomo’s plan to legalize recreational marijuana may not be approved as part of the state budget due April 1st.
- In 2017, the FBI warned law enforcement agencies of the threat posed by non-existent "pro-choice extremists."
- Don Cheadle will host SNL on Feb. 16th with musical guest Gary Clark Jr.
- The fallout from the BuzzFeed layoffs is still reverberating through the company.
- LOL: The Hudson River Park Trust wants to turn the Gansevoort Peninsula into a park featuring Manhattan's first public beach.
- Learn how Trump & Bloomberg’s relationship went very sour.
- And finally, this dog had a better day than any of us:
This should make your day a little happier. pic.twitter.com/GIVaWra9zQ
— Marcus (@MGSniper) January 30, 2019